March 04, 2019 Jason Toufexis, Rian Scalia, Special Guests Ryan Rozicki and Dan Otter
Welcome to Episode 8 of The GR8 FIGHT NORTH Boxing Podcast!
March 8 KO Boxing Card at the Shaw Conference Centre in Edmonton, AB:
– Kane Heron takes on Flavio Michel for the NABA Canadian Welterweight Title
– Jose de Jesus Macias vs Courtney Pennington
– Ryan Ford controversy with the Edmonton Commission
NEWS & NOTES:
Big weekend of international fights coming up for Canadian fans
– March 8 Matchroom Italy card on DAZN
– March 9 Dmitry Bivol vs Joe Smith Jr. on DAZN
– March 9 Shawn Porter vs Yordenis Ugas
Canadian Fighters in the Top 15
– Will Erik Bazinyan ever be ready for Zurdo?
– When will Bazinyan vs Lemieux happen, and what venue would work best?
– Who is the best fighter to come out of Egypt?
– How do we rate Mladen Miljas?
– Does Ghislain Maduma come out victorious on March 16th as he takes on former world champion Miguel Vazquez?
SPECIAL GUEST #1:
Ryan Rozicki, Undefeated NABA Canadian Cruiserweight Champion
– Upcoming fight on March 16
– How he got into boxing
– Influences on his style
– Amateur career fighting heavyweights, how it developed him as a fighter
– What it means to represent Cape Breton
– The link up with 3 Lions Promotions
– Training in Ontario was it a necessary move to make?
– Plans for 2019 and Career Goals
SPECIAL GUEST #2:
Dan Otter, Managing Director of Three Lions Promotions in Hamilton, ON
– Upcoming March 16 card
– 3 shows scheduled already including one in Nova Scotia, big steps for Three Lions this year?
– Path to becoming a promoter
– Problems and obstacles being new to the boxing business
– How he started working with his current roster of fighters
– What sets Three Lions apart from other promoters in the region
– 2019 and future goals
If you enjoyed the show (or even if you didn’t but you don’t mind being a two-faced liar), please leave us a 5 Star review, it would be greatly appreciated.
Like and Subscribe, and tell your friends!
Follow us on Social Media and let us know what you think: